Saturday, March 22, 2008

"Details..."

Well, Michelle and I did it - we FINALLY bought a boat. We've been looking at boats for about 3 years and if you know me - "Do it right, or don't do it at all". So, a little "Lefevre" got in me and I researched, and researched, and researched, and researched. We put an offer in on a Crownline, but that fell through; God said I didn't do enough research. He was right - AGAIN! With more research and some good connections, we got a smokin' deal on a much better boat - Regal 2200.

Grand Bay Marine just opened a store in Grand Rapids on Lake Michigan Drive. While negotiating with the sales person he was NO WHERE we wanted to be. I mentioned if you give me that boat for what we want to spend, I'll give you lifetime advertisement on the back of the boat. That's when the owner of Grand Bay Marine contacted me (no more middle man); it immediately became a tax write off for her. Long story short, if we were to sell the boat on the used market tomorrow, we'd make money on it easily.

Regardless, Michelle and I are super stoked for Summer. Now, if this snow would just melt and be gone with itself!!! Here is a link to some video tours of the boat:
http://www.regalboats.com/2008/SportBoats/Bowrider/2200/VideoHighplay01
We chose the color "Mediterranean Blue Gelcoat with Desert Sand Boot Stripe". In "guy terms", it is Navy blue, with a grey stripe, white bottom.

The name of the boat?
"Details..." by Grand Bay Marine - Grand Rapids, MI

3 comments:

Wibbelers said...

Congrats again! We're so excited for you guys! Can't wait to hang out on the boat with you guys!!!

Michelle L said...

Congrats on the boat! Get the speedos out.

- Marty and MIchelle

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Taetschs! I'm sure you will have tons of enjoyment with your new toy.