Monday, March 30, 2009

Saturday, March 28th

On Saturday Craig, Kylah and I said good bye to our best friend, our first baby, and our family pet, Riley. Saying good bye to him has been nothing short of the most difficult and painful event we've ever been through. Although we are completely heart broken with his absense, we know that he is enjoying heaven, free of pain, discomfort, and infection.

As those of you who met him know, Riley was one of the most well behaved, emotional, loving, and happy dogs around. He certainly kept our life interesting, and from day one we made memories with him that will last a lifetime. We can look back and smile at all the fun times we had together, and fortunately we have a lot of pictures to show for it. He made us better people, brought us closer together, and taught us that the simplest things in life can make you happy.

It's been a very difficult past few days for us as we learn how to get through the sadness we're constantly feeling and adjust to our quiet home. I heard a song today on the radio that helped me feel a little better, and now has new meaning for me: Sarah Mclachlan's Arms of the Angel. "You're in the arms of an angel, may you find some comfort here." We know Riley is in God's hands, running in the grass, eating food that contains corn, and looks fantastic. Even still, we miss him, love him, and will always wish something could've cured him.

Please pray for Riley and for us as we get through this.



In loving memory of our best friend, and first baby - Riley Taetsch. We will always love you buddy.

6 comments:

Wibbelers said...

I'm so sorry again! Riley will definitely be missed - he was an amazing dog and loved by all. We love you guys! We'll keep trying to cheer you up, I can't even imagine how you are feeling.

Craig said...

We've never been so heartbroken in our lives and often can't help to think 'what if" and that just hurts us. Time will heal and slow those thoughts that we need to learn to stop thinking - this I hope and know. We just really miss our best friend.

We must remember that Riley is where we are all going - making sure everything is perfect for us like it is right now for him. God took him from us because Heaven had a void that only Riley would fill and I know he is doing an extraordinary job filling it. Heaven is a better place with Riley.

I'm a true believer that everything happens in life to teach us a lesson. I love Michelle's lesson she's shared of the simplest things in life are the most enjoyable. The lesson I'm struggling to learn, that I know is mine, is "cherish the time we have together and make the most of it striving to make the other happier then you".

This is what Riley has taught me; and I will will forever be in debt to him because he loved us more then he loved himself. We should all learn from Riley.

Sleep well buddy, I really miss and love you - Dad

Ray said...

Our lives are all part of God’s creations and His master plan. Our shared experiences give us the opportunity to live our lives in love with each other and with all of God’s creations. Our emotions rise and fall with each sunrise and sunsets. We move through the days and seasons of time remembering all that was incredible and provided by God. We give Thanks to God for all his creations and especially those who have loved us and that we love. God heals the pain with memories of love. Bless you all.

Mom Taetsch said...

I wish I could ease the pain you are feeling. With all the memories and love you had for Riley that will take time but it will get easier. We will all be in heaven with Riley and he will meet us with his unconditional love as he gave us on earth. I will truly miss him. My prayer for healing are with you all.

Love Mom

Chelsea said...

Chelsea can not write her feelings so I am going to write them for her- I will miss our play time together, our nap times together and the fun we had when everyone was gone and left us alone. I will MISS you too, but I will see you in heaven some day and we can play again!!

Love Chelsea

Unknown said...

sad to hear about you loss, I will pray you receive grace to assist during your rough times.. love ya
Uncle Rick